Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On inner life


I was wondering what I should write about since a couple of days ago, when I first posted in this personal blog. A good friend of mine suggested “anything and everything”. Probably that’s the right attitude. Unfortunately, I am not really an expert in “everything”… though I would love that! LOL

Recently I had been exploring more about my personal spiritual life. It is such a vast spectrum to deepen into. Probably I should start by defining what spiritual life is. Probably one of the easiest definitions to understand comes from a book called Furrow, from Josemaria Escriva:


“I like to compare the interior life to clothing, to the wedding garment the Gospel speaks about. The cloth is woven from all the habits or acts of piety which, like threads, together give strength to the cloth. And so, just as a torn dress is rejected even though the rest of the material is in good condition, if you pray and work... but are not penitent (or the other way round) your interior life is not (so to speak) complete.” (Furrow, “Interior Life”, P. 649)

And well, if interior life is like a cloth, wouldn’t we prefer to wear beautiful garments? Well, in order to do that, we have to work hard and pray more. Prayer is like a power-maker powder (so as to speak in physical terms), that makes you know yourself better, exploring your possibilities, realizing about your weaknesses and getting to know the almighty, who can make you achieve even the craziest or unreachable dreams you could ever have had.

However, at the end of the day you must be conscious that you don’t do this alone… even the greatest spiritual achievements are not your own successes. Being humble is then the task and the challenge!

So today, I want to encourage you, my dear friend, to keep striving for Love. Love is the best power-maker, the best medicine for any spiritual or emotional wound. Love is the best ingredient to cook the beautiful and majestic cake of life.

So, what is that thing called Love? I’ll get into that at the right time. Right now it’s time to stop and to work!

Striving for love,

AG

3 comments:

Vision of Eternity said...

Great article bro! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful read and right on time for me. I am on a search for my spiritual path. I have a strong spirit, I know, capable of many things. I'm just searching for the avenue of maximum growth and absorption. Keep seeking and exercising so that I may journey with you. Peace.

AG said...

Hi, guys!

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a message! I'm glad you like it. I hope I can write more about such topics.

Shana, welcome! I'm sure you'd enjoy as much as I do. I will post soon about my experiences in Australia, during the World Youth Day 2008. It was my first time there and it was amazing!

Keep in touch and hope to hear from you guys. I'll check out your blogs, too.

Striving for Love,
AG